味噌味付け野菜Miso Ajitsuke Yasai
2 tablespoons white miso
3 tablespoons mirin
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
½ large cucumber
½ small cabbage
1. Prepare the miso base by heating the mirin and miso in a small pan. Stirring frequently until incorporated, be careful not to let it boil. Set aside for later.
2. Cut the cucumbers in half and scoop out any seeds with the tip of a spoon. Cut Pat them dry with fresh paper towels. Cut the cabbage into large, bite-sized pieces.
3. Sprinkle generously with salt, place in refrigerator and marinate for at least an hour.
4. Once some of their liquid has been exuded, quickly rinse the vegetables with cold water. Then, working in batches, use paper towels to further squeeze out moisture.
5. In a large bowl combine the cucumbers and cabbage with the miso base.
6. Marinate for at least thirty minutes before serving.