½ carrot, peeled and shredded
¼ of small cabbage, chopped in bite-sized pieces
1 bunch komatsuna, chopped in bite-sized pieces (spinach also works)
Salad dressing of your choice or make the below:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
½ teaspoon sugar
Black pepper to taste
1. In a medium-sized pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the cabbage and komatsuna, and par boil for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
2. Drain and rinse under cold water.
3. In a clean kitchen towel, squeeze out excess liquid from the cabbage and komatsuna. Place in mixing bowl and add the carrots as well. Toss gently.
4. Make the dressing, mixing all ingredients together in a small cup or other container.
5. Gently toss the dressing into the salad and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.